April 21, 2014 at 12:08 pm #141
We rely on all members to help keep these discussion forums a safe place for people to share and view information.
To do this, we request that all members comply with the following rules when contributing to the discussion forums:
- Keep it friendly. Welcome new members, share your tips or show them how to use the website. If you are a new member, make sure to introduce yourself – our community is waiting for you.
- Be courteous and respectful. Appreciate that others may have an opinion different from yours.
- Stay on topic. When creating a new discussion thread, give a clear topic title and put your post in the appropriate category. When contributing to an existing discussion, try to stay ‘on topic’. If something new comes up within a topic that you would like to discuss, start a new thread.
- Share your knowledge. Don’t hold back in sharing your knowledge – it’s likely someone will find it useful or interesting. When you give information or links, provide your sources.
- Keep it safe. Remember that the forums are public places. Don’t post personal information that you would not be comfortable sharing with a stranger. We recommend you use only your first name or a pseudonym in your username and that you don’t post any information that may identify you or anyone else, such as your address, email address or phone number.
- Report abuse. A strong online community is self-governing. If you see abuse, report it to us.
We maintain the right to remove posts
We need to make sure that material posted in the discussion forums is not potentially harmful. For this reason, we may edit or choose not to publish any post, avatar or display name that:
- contains disrespectful or derogatory remarks about any other member
- contains advice or content that we believe is damaging or unhelpful to others
- contains links
- is nonsensical and/or irrelevant
- promotes personal beliefs in a way that is disrespectful of the choices of others
- infringes the privacy of individuals or service providers
- is racist, sexist, transphobic, sexually explicit or suggestive, abusive or otherwise discriminatory or objectionable
- advertises products, services or events for profit or gain
- describes or encourages violence or other activity which could endanger the safety or wellbeing of others
- is a copy of another post or contains the same, or similar, message posted multiple times elsewhere
Please also note that:
- Ranting is prohibited. A rant is a post that is often filled with angry and counterproductive comments. A free exchange of ideas is essential to building a strong sense of community and is helpful in development of the game and community. Rants are disruptive, and incite flaming and trolling. Please post your thoughts in a concise and clear manner while avoiding going off on rambling tangents.
- Personal attacks are prohibited. Commonly known as flaming, personal attacks are posts that are designed to personally berate or insult another forum user. Posts of this nature are not beneficial to the community spirit that TIA promotes and as such they will not be tolerated.
- Trolling is prohibited. Trolling is a defined as a post that is deliberately designed for the purpose of angering and insulting other members in an attempt to incite retaliation or an emotional response. Posts of this nature are disruptive, often abusive and do not contribute to the sense of community that TIA promotes.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.