On the 15th to the 17th August Transgender and Intersex Africa(TIA) hosted a regional advocacy and capacity building Summit in Johannesburg,activists from Zambia.Namibia,Botswana,Lesotho,Zimbabwe and South Africa partook in the event.
The objectives of the summit were outlined as follows
- Report and review advocacy gaps within the transgender movement in policy and programming in Southern Africa.
- Identify challenges, strategies and best practices regarding to advocacy and related operational or implementation plans and consider effective ways to address transgender issues in the Region.
- Build the capacity of transgender and intersex activists and organisations to carry out their advocacy plans effectively
- Provide a safe space for knowledge sharing, information exchange and networking.
- Identify opportunities, consolidate and build on-going country work by defining advocacy agenda to address transgender issues
Please see the summit report that is attached below.